TIGÁZ Zrt. Our company and portfolio.TIGÁZ is the largest pipeline gas distributor in Hungary.
Our main task is to ensure smooth natural gas supply in Hungary – we are operating a 33 760 km long gas pipeline network, which connects us to over 1 million consumers. We gained significant professional expertise during the span of our almost 70-year long history.
Our company operates natural gas distribution system in seven counties in Hungary. Our headquarter is located in Hajdúszoboszló, but we are also present via site offices in Eger, Debrecen, Gödöllő, Miskolc, Nyíregyháza, Szolnok and Budapest as well.
Our activities include:
- Natural gas distribution
- Gas measurement, meter reading
- Customer service management
- Dispatcher service and malfunction management
- Provision of network access
- Installation, development and management of gas distribution networks
- Managing gas pipeline connection contracts
- Managing distribution network usage contracts
- Supervision of user systems and technical acceptance after installation
- Installation of user gas systems
- Turning off and on user gas supply
- Additional activities concerning meters and pressure regulators
- Keeping record of places of use
- Inspections, management of breaches of contract and gas thefts
Our brief history
- 1925: natural gas works its way to the surface at Hajdúszoboszló
- 1950: The town’s board of representatives established the Hajdúszoboszlói Földgáztermelő és Értékesítő Közüzemi Vállalat to sell the gas. 1967: The council company at that time – under the name of Tiszántúli Gázszolgáltató és Szerelő Vállalat – merged with the Debreceni és Miskolci Gázművek and integrated into the OKGT. The complex service portfolio of the company expanded with the construction of gas pipelines, gas distribution, selling gas metres, maintenance, internal gas repairs and other gas industry services (i.e. LPG).
- 1986: As a result of dynamic technical progress and growing gas consumption the net income of the company doubled. Due to the oil crisis at the end of ‘70s, the gas network’s expansion and connecting customers to the system continued intensively.
- 1993: TIGÁZ Tiszántúli Gázszolgáltató Részvénytársaság was established.
- 1994: The new gas supply regulation came into force. The government at the time decides about the principles of strategic sectors’ privatization. The distribution network’s development continues rapidly until the end of ’90s, and the volume of new consumer connections and thus the number of customers grows quickly. The company further developed its organization so as to fully support the increased demands.
- 1995: Following the privatization TIGÁZ Rt. joined the internationally recognized Italian energy company ENI.
- 2007: According to EU regulations, legal distinction of the company’s core activities is carried out: as of this point, TIGÁZ-DSO Kft. is responsible for any natural gas distribution activity, while universal service and natural gas trading is accomplished by TIGÁZ Zrt.
- 2018: TIGAZ terminated its universal service activities, and both the operation and the professional management of the company is done by MET Group. As a result, a significant modernization process starts in order to improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- 2019: Swiss-based MET Group signed an agreement with Status Energy Group for an indirect investment. By this, the subsidiary of Status Energy Private Equity Fund, Status Energy Kft. acquired an indirect share of 49.57 percent in TIGÁZ Zrt. Stable operation and improving efficiency are still key factors of corporate governance, while investments with the aim of modernization continue as well.
For more information please email the following address: email@example.com